Monday, January 9, 2012

Mood : Thankful



The year started out on a good note --- work wise. I don't work as hard as I used to. I don't want to belittle what I'm doing because that is just so wrong. What I do now compared to what I used to do is so small, but only in terms of scope. Maybe even in terms of stress levels. For so many years, my work life was hectic. I had to stop myself and breathe. It was so easy to drown in it, if I didn't make a conscious effort to take a break.

A few days into the new year, I sat down with a group of people to try and seal the deal for a project. Two hours later, I was texting the rest of my team mates about the meeting's success. I was beside myself with happiness and gratitude. It was a really good way to start things off.

Every night, I say the same things when I pray.

I start my bedtime prayer with
"Lord God, thank You for today's blessings"
I know I'm blessed every single day, with different things
Sometimes big, sometimes small

It doesn't really matter though, because what counts is I know God doesn't forget
Even when I feel I am most undeserving, He still manages to give me
something to be thankful for.

I don't mean to preach. But in my 43 years I've learned that mindset is really important.

I'm so sure there's more where the blessings are coming from.

Thank you, dear Lord, for everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment