Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our surprise New Year's gift




N knows I am not particularly fond of dogs. Not that I don't like them, because whenever we're in Serendra/Boni High Street or Eastwood, I can appreciate the many dogs I always see walking around with their owners. It's just that I never had enough patience to take care of one and I was too busy working to find the time to learn to train one. We've had 2 dogs in the past : a boxer and a long-haired dachsund. The boxer eventually passed away from an illness and the dachsund was handed over to N's aunt who's a dog lover. The girls have been badgering us about getting one for the longest time, but since they both suffer from allergic rhinitis, I used that as a reason to decline their request.

Then the other night, on our way home from a dinner, N dropped an unexpected surprise on them and on ME. He proudly announced that we were getting a dog the next day. THE NEXT DAY! While the girls squealed and bounced around in the car out of sheer ecstasy, I sat frozen and in shock. I knew that N purposely didn't consult me about this because I would say "no". This time, I had absolutely no choice but to go along with the idea because I didn't have the heart to pop the girls' balloons. The rest of the evening was spent thinking of names, I had to force the girls to sleep because they were too excited thinking about his arrival.

Yesterday, January 4, 2012 at approximately 9am ... we officially became a family of 5


This handsome 8-month old baby boy cocker spaniel is ALDO. It is so funny that I - the only person in this household who was strongly against the idea - am the one who named him. Nope, his name has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a shoe hag LOL. I just love the way the name sounds and when I saw him for the first time up close, I knew it would be a good fit.

He's 8 months old because we didn't buy him from the store or from someone who breeds. He was offered first to my cousin who had to say "no" because already has 2 dogs. My cousin asked N and the rest is history.

Seriously, this dog has captured the hearts of all of the members of his new household. The kids are beside themselves with happiness that I finally agreed (errrr was coerced) to getting them a pet. We immediately shopped for his essentials yesterday afternoon.

I found myself inside Bow and Wow in Shangri-la Mall last night, looking at dog beds and I found this

Don't ask me how much this cost! Let's just say, I'm going to have to postpone my planned visit to the salon this week to get my hair color retouched. No regrets though! Well, maybe a little. :))

Next up ... full grooming this morning!

More updates on Aldo in the next few days!


2 comments:

  1. Ang cute!!! Nakakatuwa naman ... at least you're warming up to the idea na diba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, yes I've warmed up to him. I guess it helps that I'm no longer stressed out by fulltime work and spend a lot of time at home. He is so spoiled! :)

    ReplyDelete