Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holy Wednesday Meditation

Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief
And said unto them, `What will you give
me, and I will deliver Him unto you?'
And they covenanted with him for 
thirty pieces of silver.
And from that time he sought opportunity
to betray Him.
Matthew 26:14-6

What makes a friend betray a friend as friendship implies trust? The underlining reason is that we love ourselves more than our friend, which in fact means we use a person under the pretence of a friend for what for we can gain. 


Let me be like Mary and believe in You as my friend as well as my Lord and Saviour. Teach me to live that I do not betray You by my actions and words, especially not by selfish acts of greed and exploitation. Grant me the grace to be a true friend to all that I meet in life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment