Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pain Pain Go Away!

I've had a friggin' tooth ache since yesterday. Nothing major, but bad enough to dampen my mood. I have a bad feeling it's a wisdom tooth...behind my upper left molar. DAMMIT! The last time I had a wisdom tooth extracted, I was so freaking angry at the dentist that I vowed never to see a dental clinic for the rest of my life. This didn't happen though because I still had to have my choppers cleaned every now and then. That was fine with me, although it felt like a huge responsibility to get it done everytime. I literally had to drag myself to the dentist and it usually took weeks for me to muster enough courage to set an appointment. It was okay as long as it didn't go beyond getting a Profilaxys.

I know, I know I'm a big baby! How can a 38 yr old mother be so terrified of going to the dentist?! I'm definitely not a good example to my girls hahaha! But who can blame me? The first time I had a wisdom tooth extraction, I was on the chair for FOUR WHOLE HOURS! I had wounds on the sides of my mouth from it being open for so long. I was traumatized, to say the least.

Now it feels like I'm back in that same old scenario and I can't help but be just a little bit nervous about the prospect of having my tooth pulled out again. I was told that a wisdom tooth shouldn't be touched unless it's painful. Waaaaaaahhhhhh! Please please please wake me up from this bad dream =(

No comments:

Post a Comment