Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sunday learnings

A bit delayed because last Sunday was a hectic day for my family (lunch with Neal's side in Power Plant, a birthday party in the afternoon and then dinner with my parents and brother) and all I wanted to do when I got home was crash in bed and sleep!

I went to CCF with Neal last Sunday for the 10am service. Before anyone asks...I am still very much Catholic. I have nothing personal against Christians (heck, Neal is one --- hello???) but I am still at a point where I am neither here nor there. So going back, I went with Neal again after a long time and oddly enough found myself scribbling on my memo jotter in the middle of elder, Peter Tanchi's talk.

CHARACTER is what God thinks about you
REPUTATION is what others say about you
Character is what you will do when no one else will find out

I've been Catholic since birth. Went to all girls' Catholic schools from grade school through college. But not once have I sat down in church and listened like I did last Sunday. I've never even taken down notes! So what was last Sunday all about? I'm still trying to figure that one out, without saying a word to Neal, of course. I don't want to get him too excited over nothing.

But the kids are growing up and I want them to have solid spiritual lives. Nothing fanatic or overrated, just enough to keep them grounded and spiritually-healthy. And right now I can't say I'm the perfect example to them.

Where I go from here is the million-dollar question. No rush. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. i'm always glad when i hear someone touched by my uncle's words... but God just uses him as his mouthpiece. it's all about God. just be patient. He is working in you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so proud of him. He is an amazing minister. Neal really looks up to him.

    ReplyDelete