Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Glorietta 2 incident : an accident?

I believe it's confirmed. It was on the news earlier tonight and I just got a call from DF, who still gets his regular fill of news from former staff in the broadcasting industry. The Glorietta 2 incident was not a bombing. It was no terrorist attack. Even representatives from the FBI who are here to help have said that after thorough inspection of the area, they didn't find any bomb residue.

The real cause of the accident is still unconfirmed though. I just know that it had something to do with the mall's sewerage system. Experts believe this is where the REAL problem came from. As to how or why, there is no official statement just yet.

I'm not quite sure how to react to this. On the one hand, I'm thankful that it isn't terrorist-related. However, how can something as basic as a sewerage system cause so much damage??? I'm really curious about the final results of the investigation. The people of Ayala Land have a lot of explaining to do, I wouldn't want to be in their position at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment