Monday, February 20, 2012

The Vow ... after months of waiting


My teenager first told me about this movie before Christmas 2011. She showed me a short teaser and since then, I had been waiting for it to come out. Two Sundays ago, we made a date to watch it, just us two. I know that N wouldn't appreciate it as much, because it's really a chick flick. Plus we're at that stage where he no longer has to pretend to like something I like and vice versa. Besides, I rarely spend quality time with my soon-to-be 16-year old so this was something I was really looking forward to.

The movie didn't disappoint. We didn't cry too much, contrary to what I expected. But there was one part which made us both teary-eyed. Channing Tatum was perfect for the role. His character was so convincing, I felt bad for him most of the time. This movie made me think. It can happen to anyone, really. Waking up after a major car accident and not remembering a huge chunk of your life. It would be so difficult to deal with.

Would I watch this movie again? I think I would. If only to stare at Channing's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment