Sunday, January 18, 2009

How To Have An Abundant 2009 (from Bo Sanchez)

Quoted from Bo Sanchez's site, this might just give you that much-needed jumpstart to another hectic work week...

Last Friday, my 3-year old Francis walked up to me with his big smile and said, "I want to go to Southmall!" For those who aren't familiar with the South of Metro Manila, the Southmall in Las Pinas contains a rollercoaster. And my little boy loves, adores, worships rollercoasters.

Here was the problem. It was 10 o'clock in the evening. So I told him casually, "Son, we can't go to Southmall now. It's closed. "

That's when his big smile turned to big tears and said again, "I want to go to Southmall now!"

My wife told him, "Francis, I really want to bring you to Southmall but we'll do it on Monday. Because Monday is the first day of school. So you'll have the rollercoaster all to yourself. No long lines!"

But Francis wasn't listening. He says again, "I want to go to Southmall now!"

Friends, Francis can act like that because he's three years old.

But many times, we still act ilke this with God.

We want a specific prayer answered now. But God knows things we dont' know. And He delays the answer to our prayer because He wants the answer to be bigger and better. That's why His timetable is different from ours.

This morning as promised, my wife and I brought Francis to Southmall.

True enough it was almost empty.

And little Francis was a happy boy: He rode the rollercoaster 18 times.

TRUST IN GOD FOR YOUR NEEDS...

Tomorrow is my first day back at work after a month and a half's vacation
What I'm about to venture into is nothing new to me
No new faces or new responsibilities...everything is supposed to be just as it was last year, before I took that long break
But I know there are uncertainties and little surprises that may come along the way
I AM TRUSTING THAT ALL WILL WORK WELL AND THAT GOD WILL EQUIP ME WITH WHATEVER I NEED TO MANAGE THE CURVEBALLS

Have an awesome week ahead, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment