Monday, January 19, 2009

Hello Summer?

Just when I was getting the hang of playing patintero with the shower (even when the heater is on and in maximum level), I woke up yesterday morning and noticed that I didn't need my hoodie when I stepped out to the patio, where I always have my first cup of coffee. It was the same story today. In fact, while hearing mass this afternoon I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand because I felt the onset of sweat! I haven't been sweaty in weeks! Sabine, who decided she had had enough of sitting down and wanted to run around after the homily was sweating profusely by the time the priest gave his final blessing.

Oh no! Are we about to say hello to summer? I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the heat. The thought of having to deal with extreme heat really scares me, even if I've always loved tropical weather. The forecast says it will be hotter in the coming days with temperatures ranging from 29 to 31 degrees. I haven't even worn all my sweaters yet and the cold spell is gone???

Some good things never last...

No comments:

Post a Comment