Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bye Bye Lazy Days


After being on vacation for over a month (the longest I've ever taken in my 16 plus years of working), I'm going back to work on Monday. Yup, it's time to go back to the salt mines. All good things must come to an end. Cliche but true. I'm going to miss being at home a lot. Thank goodness I won't have a big problem with Sabine, who's really very independent and doesn't cling too much. Anissa is pretty much on her own and doesn't even notice when I'm gone because she's got too much going on in school and would rather be doing her own thing when she's at home. Another thing I'm thankful for is the 3-day work week which still applies because they really just renewed my contract as consultant. Will be doing the same things as before, only it should be a little less stressful this time, after having achieved a major task last year. This arrangement is still what works best for me at the moment. After having stayed home for 2 straight years, I'm not sure I can handle full-time work. I am just so lucky to have found the right balance between work and home life. I haven't looked at my work clothes since the first week of December so I'm sure that's what will keep me busy tomorrow. A mini-fashion show at home is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment