Friday, August 13, 2010

Globe's MyFi


I'm just about giving up on our Skybroadband wi-fi thing here at home. For the past 2 weeks, it's been acting strange. We lose our connection between 8-830am every single day, afterwhich, the signal goes on and off the rest of the day. Thank God we still have our trusty Sun Cellular broadband "stick" as reserve. I heard about Globe's newest product from a very good friend and saw a lot of Tweets about its performance, so we got one for Father Goose and tried it out for ourselves for a few days before giving it to him. It's definitely God sent!

At home, you can use up to 5 laptops simultaneously. The speed is amazing as well. It's a wireless router with its own sim so you can also use it while in the car. I tried it myself and I have to say, I wasn't disappointed at all. Even while mobile, the speed was consistent, no pauses or downtime.

This made me decide to eventually get one for ourselves. We chose the postpaid kind, which charges you P999 a month, unlimited surfing. The prepaid pack is a bit costly because you need to purchase the device at more than P7K.

My rating? 5 stars definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment