Sunday, August 15, 2010

On Patience, Faith and Complete Surrender

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to be on the cryptic side in this entry. Only my very good and trusted friends will know what I'm referring to here. I refuse to talk about the details because it's rather complicated and doing so might affect the results I'm praying for.

The past 3 or so weeks have been quite challenging. The issue stared at me right in the face and put me in a situation where I could have questioned my self-worth, capacity and intentions. But I didn't dwell on it for too long. I knew I had nothing to worry about and to fear. I immediately spent a few minutes praying and lifted everything up to Him. No doubt, that was the BEST decision I made. It's been smooth sailing since then. Sure there are times when I'd receive information that made me weaken a bit, but the feeling never lasted too long. Each time, I just prayed for Him to take it all away. I am, after all, only human and prone to these lapses in faith. I just had to make sure I didn't waste my time worrying about something that I had previously asked God to be in control of for me.

Today, everything remains unsolved and there are moments when I feel that the waiting is slowly killing my confidence. But at the end of the day, I go back to the moment I told God to take the wheel. I need to trust that He's at work and doing what He can to make sure I get through it all. Along the way, He has given me signs that all is well despite the way this all came to play, despite the hurt and anger this issue has caused me to harbor in my heart. I am amazed, to say the least, because I don't seek them and yet they seem to show up at just the right time. It's these signs that tell me all is well. So I know that He IS on my side and working towards my deliverance from this painful but valuable experience.

And for that, I am truly grateful. Thank you, God ... for the trials that make me strong and the lessons learned. I can't wait for You to finish this off.

A SETBACK IS JUST A SET-UP FOR A GREAT COMEBACK


No comments:

Post a Comment