Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Tantrum at 6am


Sabine rarely throws a tantrum. I guess she woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I was surprised to hear her crying loudly so I went inside the girls' room to check. There she was, sprawled on the floor, tears running down her face. It's PE day and she was already wearing her t-shirt and jogging pants but refused to put on her rubber shoes. According to her, they were tight. They're newly-bought but she already wore them to school yesterday and didn't complain. So I knew this was nothing more than an early morning tantrum. I tried to exercise some patience because this doesn't happen all the time. To cut a long story short, here's what happened ... 


I solved the problem by telling her she's not going to school. Naturally and as expected, an even bigger tantrum ensued. She loves going to school. But we've been working on getting the girls to school on time and it wouldn't have helped if she went to school tardy again today. 

After around 15 minutes of crying non-stop (actually, bawling is more like it), she finally settled down and agreed to eat breakfast. I asked the helper to bring breakfast upstairs and allowed her to watch Disney Junior as she ate. 

I already texted the class adviser about letting us know if she needs to do make-up work for missing school today. I don't think her absence will create a huge dent on her class standing because her 1st term grades were all good. 

After a difficult day yesterday, I prayed for a much better one today. I think it already is, because this little one will be keeping me company the whole time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment