Monday, October 8, 2012

Nic's Gourmet Desserts


I've seen them at the Rockwell/Power Plant Baker's Dozen a few times but don't remember trying anything out. That's 'cause I usually go to my "old reliables" there. 

A couple of Sundays ago though, Mom and I together with Sabine, were on our way to church when we drove by their shop/restaurant along A. Mabini in San Juan. It was the first time I saw it, despite living just a few minutes away. Intrigued, we made a mental note and said we would drop by after mass. We needed dessert for that evening's family dinner at home anyway.

Couldn't take a photo of the facade because I would have to cross the street for that and Mom wouldn't have allowed me just yet. 

The place is cozy but spacious, does that make sense? :) The dessert bar in the middle allows customers to eat there and at the same time, sample their best sellers. Yes, they have tiny slices of each of them, for you to try before deciding which one/s you want to take home or eat while you're there. Really helpful idea, if you ask me. 


The walls are covered with their merchandise, it's very difficult to go home empty-handed!


Dips and Sauces


Their breads and packed bars

But if you think their walls are packed, look at their chillers! It took us so long to choose which ones we wanted to try out. Not good, not good. Haha. 


Everything is made so friendly and convenient. You can even take your time while trying out their dips, with their wheat chips. 


This little girl enjoyed this part so much. I'm always so amazed that my kids' taste in food has always been adventurous. 


We went home an hour later (or maybe more?) with lotsa goodies to try out. None of them disappointed. I would've written specifically about each but they were gone before I could sit down to write. If you live in the area or frequent it, you might want to drop by yourself.

Nic's Gourmet Desserts
172 A. Mabini St. Bgy. Addition Hills, San Juan 
715-5831 708 3277

P.S. Almost forgot to mention, they serve simple meals, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment