Friday, October 5, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Campaigns


Breast Cancer is the most common type of cancer that hits women. As such, people all over the world support causes to find a cure, raise funds for those who are in need (for surgeries and treatments), or simply to remember and honour those who were not so fortunate to have survived it. 

This is one of the reasons I don't feel too bad about getting it. I know that each year, new studies are done. If this continues, doctors will always find new options for patients. It will only get easier as the years go by! 

Since my diagnosis, I've received so many gifts. A couple of them are from friends who are into nail polish. I've received two sets of BC Awareness collections from different brands. I came across this today on Facebook ... 


To tell you honestly, I was never a huge fan of the color pink. These shades look so tempting though, and the names that were coined for each make it even more difficult to resist getting them. Yes, I can really, really relate! Plus, Essie is really my favorite brand of all. I became a fan of Essie in the early 2000's, when it was newly-introduced here. 


Their slogan hits home, too.  I can't go through this experience alone. The fact that I'm surrounded by a lot of people who care about me have made this journey so much easier for me to be on. 

And look at this ... in observance of October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month


Another brand I like has its own campaign


Sigh! So much eye candy!

I waaaaaaant!

No comments:

Post a Comment