Wednesday, September 19, 2007

TWICE TO BEAT --- How sweet it is!

We lost to Ateneo in the first round, 77-80

In the second round, they beat us again, 89-87

We lost to the UE Warriors, Ateneo lost to the NU Bulldogs

This win was nothing more than NU's swan song this season. It was a great way to exit. But it was enough to change things drastically for Ateneo (and make me wonder --- WTF?? You lost to NU??? )

Yesterday's game between the De La Salle Green Archers and the Ateneo Blue Eagles was bigger than big. You can literally smell the excitement in the air. We were in Araneta Coliseum as early as lunchtime. I was starving so I asked Neal if we could please please eat in Gloria Maris. Ordered my favorite Roasted Duck Rice and downed all of it but it didn't fill me up the way it normally does. I was nervous! After our lunch, we decided to go inside to check out our seats. There were tons of people in their work clothes --- obviously either playing "hooky" or filed a half-day leave just to see this game. Lots of familiar faces in the crowd, too. Our seats were fine, although Neal and I had to sit apart (he behind me). But I wasn't complaining because we were extremely fortunate to have easy access to tickets when a lot of other people had to shell out P1,500 each for an Upper A ticket!

It's been hours since we got home but Neal and I are still feeling high over this all-important win for our beloved De La Salle Green Archers. We won by just ONE point. I don't remember sitting down for more than 5 minutes during the game. It was THAT stressful!

A good friend of mine, Anna R., (who, mind you, is a die-hard Atenista) sent me a text message earlier : The game that mattered the most. Good job! She couldn't have said it better. Sure, it broke our hearts to lose to our arch rivals TWICE.

But in the words of Malcolm S. Forbes

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat

GO GREEN ARCHERS
WE'RE PROUD OF YOU!
YOU REDEEMED YOURSELVES AND SHOWED THEM THE STUFF THAT YOU'RE REALLY MADE OF!
TO JV, TY AND RICO --- GOOD JOB, GUYS!!!



LeT's MoVe On To ThE FiNaLs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment