Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oprah's wisdom

Something worth sharing. I got this as an SMS from my DF

I live in a space of thankfulness,
and I have been rewarded a million times over for it.
I started giving thanks for small things,
and the more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased.
That's because what you focus on expands,
and when you focus on the goodness in your life,
you create more of it

~~~ Oprah Winfrey

One of the things I learned from Oprah was to create a daily THANK YOU list. Everyday before you retire, list down 5 things that you're thankful for. Keep a journal of it and do it religiously. When you're down in the dumps or in the midst of a crisis, it always helps to read back on what you've written. I've been doing this for about a couple of years now but I have a tendency to forget. Time to get back into the old habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment