Saturday, November 17, 2007

Still a baby at 39

My DF is a man of very few words (and actions na rin). He is every inch a male in that sense. No words, not touchy-feely. Atleast not since before I hit puberty. But I've learned to live with all that. That's just how he is, how he was raised. I used to feel bad that my Dad wasn't the demonstrative type. But when I stopped expecting, that's when I saw that he can be a loving and affectionate person in other, non-traditional ways.

Today's my birthay and he sent me this text message:

Dear Lord...Most of us always desire a perfect situation, a perfect life. Yet YOU, my Lord, do not grant a perfect life. What YOU give instead is a perfect heart in the midst of an imperfect life. Teach me to be cheerful, hopeful, smiling amidst imperfections and to enjoy YOUR wondrous blessings today, my birthday and everyday. Amen.

At the end of the message, here's what he wrote:



2 comments: