Thursday, December 13, 2007

Anti-aging drama

One of the things I am blessed to have is problem-free skin. I've never been to the derma nor had a facial because as they say, don't fix it if it ain't broken! Besides, I can't imagine being asked to follow a tedious skincare regimen. It's always been just soap (Cetaphil) and water for me. Whenever I wear make-up, I take it off with Pond's Cold Cream, a sort of tradition that's been handed down in my family from one generation to the next. My Mom still uses it to this day.

Recently though, I noticed while looking at some close-up photos, that I have crow's feet! I've never been conscious about my skin but when I saw them, I felt a lump in my throat and came to a rather painful realization --- my face has begun to show signs of aging and I can no longer deny it. I had to convince myself to do something about it but had to think for a while because I've always been too lazy about skincare. Unfortunately for me, I'm at a stage in my life (I'm turning 40 next year) where proper skincare is a must.

So when I recently got together with some friends and we had our yearly Kris Kringle, this is what I asked for:

I've been using it for 2 days now (see...I got it last week pa but it sat on my dresser for days before I even opened the package hehe!) and hopefully, this'll be the answer --- the ONLY answer. I hate to think of having to put anything else on my face. A lot of people swear by this product (and I don't mean the girls who endorse it in the tv commercials) and it looks like it's going to work for me as well. So far, no breakouts or rashes. Then again, problem-free skin nga. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment