Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My hectic Christmas

Went back to work today. I had a short meeting with one of the girls here and the first thing she said was, Ma'am you look like you're "puyat". She's right. I haven't had much sleep at all. I guess this is the case for most people during the holidays, because of all the festivities and not to mention the last minute shopping trips which could prove to be so stressful. But this year is extra hectic for me. Other than the above-mentioned reasons, Yaya is also on a 2-week vacation.

Christmas Eve started out with a dinner with my side of the family, then a 10pm mass. After that, it was off to meet up with DH's sisters, nephews, nieces so the kids could open their gifts at the strike of midnight, a tradition for years now. Sabine was already asleep in the car on the way there but woke up just as I was about to get off and stayed awake the whole time. I thought she'd go back to sleep as soon as we got back in the car and left but NO. She was up the whole time going home and stayed that way til about 2:30am. I was begging her to go to sleep but she didn't want to and busied herself with her new Dora the Explorer drum set from Santa.
Christmas Day was going to be busy as well. I woke up at 9am, still feeling dizzy and tired and found out through a text message that my all-around helper, whom I allowed to spend Christmas Eve with her family, wasn't going to make it back home on time. ARGH!!! I thought I was gonna get some help with Sabine that morning but oh well...such is life and it was too special a day for me to be feeling upset. By 1pm we were out of the house and on our way (albeit late) to our Christmas Day lunch with DH's Dad's side of the family. The food was delicious and overflowing as always and when Sabine decided to take a nap, so did I hahaha! I was so fast asleep that they didn't even bother to wake me up for the usual family group photo hehehe. By around 5pm we were on our way to pick up DM for our dinner with DF. By this time, my head was throbbing fulltime. That's what happens to me when I take power naps. I always end up with a really nasty headache. Even after I took some Advil, the pain didn't go away. It was a miracle I was able to enjoy dinner while taking care of my super hyper little one. It helped that Anissa is so patient with her little sister. So while I was hurriedly eating my dinner, I asked her to take over being yaya for a few minutes.

We got home at 10pm and I swear by this time everything was just a blur. I took a quick shower, made sure the kids changed into their pajamas and brushed their teeth, said good night to DM and DH and was off to dreamland in (I'm sure) less than 5 minutes after crashing into bed.

Today thank God I feel a bit recharged after sleeping for 8 1/2 hours straight, something which I haven't done in a while.

How was your Christmas? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment