Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rainy day meeting at Cafe Juanita



We were supposed to sit down with a couple of clients (who are also friends) yesterday, but the rain just wouldn't let up. Good thing the weather slightly cleared up today. I've been looking forward to revisiting Cafe Juanita. Their old location in Kapitolyo, Pasig was a favorite lunch date place for Neal and I in our early years as a couple. The food was always so good and the place's look is really one of a kind. Not surprising at all that they've moved to a bigger Pasig location since then, and expanded with a branch in Burgos Circle inside Bonifacio Global City.

Our meeting was to start at 2pm so this was going to be a merienda kind of thing for us.
While studying the menu, I discovered that they had Siomai. I had to try it, of course!

Do you notice how "fat" the pieces are? Every bite was enjoyable. Each piece was filled with so much goodness, I really loved every bit of it. This is, by far, one of the best I've tasted.

For dessert, Neal and I shared this

It's called Mama's Mango Pinsek

It's a fresh take on the famous Turon, if you ask me. The mango slices are scattered on the plate, while the Turon wrapper is fried to a crisp and drizzled with chocolate syrup. This was very good, too, and fun to eat for a change.

All in all, it was truly a productive afternoon. We spent a total of 4 hours talking and brainstorming over coffee (which was also really good, by the way) and went home with more work to do ... not complaining, though.

Due to the fact that it was still raining today, my casual outfit was totally justified.

Lacoste pique polo shirt, Seven Jeans, Zara (or is it Mango?) Safari Jacket

I made sure my shoes were appropriate, too.
These are from Charles and Keith (purchased in Singapore for about SGD 50.00)

Except for the fact that our beloved DepEd made a last minute decision to suspend classes again, this day was a good one.

How was yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment