Monday, August 8, 2011

Review : L'Oreal Hip Kohl Liner


I first saw this on eBay.ph and when I saw the word "kohl", I instantly got interested. Kohl is an ancient eye cosmetic. They were used by Egyptian Queens and Indian mothers who believed that darkening around the eyes would protect them from the rays of the sun. Newborn Indian babies were also made to wear this to ward off evil spirits. Have you ever noticed that Indian women usually have well-defined eyes? They owe it to Kohl.

The container is not that big. In fact, it fits perfectly into my small make-up pouch which I bring everywhere I go. But when I used this for the first time today, I knew it would take a while before I run out of product.

Here's what the tip looks like

It's very pigmented, it only took two quick swipes on my hand for it to show.


I'm happy I got to put it to a test for the first time today. Not without hassle, mind you. This comes in powder form so you should expect some fallout if you're not cautious. Beauty blogger, The Pink Thought Bubble shared a very useful tip : blow on the wand to get rid of excess powder before you begin applying PLUS, do it before doing anything else. That way you can clean up as you go along, and not after your face is all done. That's exactly what I did. Maybe I didn't blow hard enough because there was still some fallout when I applied it to my waterline. But all I had to do was grab a Q-tip and dip it into my Pond's Cold Cream to wipe it all off.

The application itself is very easy, because the powder really adheres to the skin. I was done with one eye in about 20-25 seconds.

It's not so obvious here but I drew a slightly wider line on the outer portion of my eye (I do the same thing when I line my upper lashline). You'll notice that I hadn't wiped off all of the fallout yet in this pic.

One eye all done!

This last photo was taken as soon as I got home, after being out the whole night.
I didn't have to do a touch up, which I would normally do whenever I use a pencil.

I'm definitely a fan of this now!
It comes in other colors : bronze, teal and gold (I think). But I'm not very adventurous when it comes to make-up so the black one is the one for me. I've never been without eyeliner for as long as I can remember. This discovery is definitely going to be a "go to" eye product for me from now on. I also paid peanuts for it!

Now, I'm off to eBay to buy a back up!



No comments:

Post a Comment