Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Teeth Grinding : what causes it?

Both Neal and Sabine grind their teeth while they sleep. Since I'm always the last to "throw the towel in" at night, I'm subjected to this which is really painful to the ears. It's like hearing nails running against a chalkboard. Eeewwww I know!

According to an online article, teeth grinding or clenching (medically known as Bruxism) is often caused by stress and suppressed anger among adults. No one lives a stress-free life so that's a check. But suppressed anger? Oh no ... that sounds a bit more intense. I'm hoping it's not anger that's supposed to be directed at me LOL. In kids 7 years old and under, it's commonly caused by the growth and development of their teeth and jaws. Now that's a relief. I just need to make sure the two of them go to the dentist regularly so that any damage to their teeth can be managed well.

I was once told I do this, too, but not all the time. So I guess mine's not as bad.

If you have concerns similar to mine, you can read more here.





2 comments:

  1. I grind my teeth too dati, and I consulted my friend na dentist about it, she made a mouth guard for me, para syang mouth piece to protect the teeth kasi grinding can cause the teeth na mapudpod in the long run.

    Ang reason daw behind grinding is not really suppressed anger but masyado daw relaxed ang muscles somewhere sa jaw, im not really sure about the specifics pero ganun ang explanation nya sakin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is possible to achieve your goal of amazing white teeth without ever worrying that you're at risk, or at risk. be a part of computerized
    Teeth Grinding

    ReplyDelete