Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The rainy long weekend


This was a welcome respite from the crazy days I've been having.
After watching the DLSU-ADMU game at the Araneta Coliseum last Sunday (which I choose not to blog about), we headed home and packed our stuff for the drive to our 2nd home in Subic. The weather was erratic. It was raining on and off going there, mostly hard. But we welcomed the cool weather and lazy hours ahead. We knew it would be impossible for the kids to go swimming like they normally do. So staying at home would be the agenda for the next 2 1/2 days and I was really looking forward to that!

We couldn't, however, pass up on the opportunityto go Duty Free shopping at Pure Gold. This has become a habit everytime we're there. How can anyone resist? From the cart full of stuff we got, here are my favorite finds

M&M's Peanut Butter
This is Reese's in a much better form
I love Reese's to bits but sometimes it's a bit too messy to eat
M&M's is just perfect as long as you don't allow the color to run on your hands

We're all loyal users of Sterilium, but when I saw this, I had to grab a couple for the kids
At $0.99 each, I couldn't go wrong. This is perfect to take with them to school.

I had never seen the Goody stand before but when I did, oh boy!

I like wooden hair brushes. I have a paddle type which I got from the salon and it was quite expensive. But this one was only over $2.00


Anissa grabbed her own Goody hairbrush too, same price as my wooden one


The store also has this in hot pink and aqua

After shopping, the kids got hungry but it was pretty close to dinner time. Walking out of the store, you can't help but notice all the people lined up for S&R's pizza. So we gave in and got our favorite Garlic Shrimp


Going home, the kids were fast asleep but I wanted to show them these


Rice fields submerged in flood waters, thanks to Typhoon Mina (int'l name Nanmadol) which battered the North and is now wreaking havoc in Taiwan.

The girls were sad, as usual, when we left. They've always loved it in Subic. When's the next long weekend, anyway?




No comments:

Post a Comment