Friday, August 3, 2007

Some serious thoughts...

They say that the worst of times is the best opportunity for one to see the many things he/she should be thankful for. Sounds like a huge challenge, considering that problems have a tendency to weigh us down and make us dwell on the bad. But if we only try to see the big picture, we'll be surprised to find out that inspite of the trials we face, GOD makes sure He balances everything. It's all up to us. If we open our hearts, it's not too difficult to see what GOD's purpose is.

In the past few weeks, I have learned more lessons than I ever did in school or at any time in my 38 years of existence. Most of the lessons are not new at all. I just took them for granted because I never took the time to digest each of them before.

  • I've learned that trials are meant to make you stronger
  • I've learned that trials can bring out your worst side but only if you allow them to
  • The most important lesson that trials teach you is HUMILITY
  • SILENCE is your best weapon against those who judge you unfairly
  • Pag binato ka ng bato, batuhin mo ng tinapay --- an age old saying that I used to laugh at because I was the "eye for an eye" type. Believe me, patience pays off in the end.
  • You can be angry without being disrespectful. Most arguments escalate when you take things to a personal level. Don't lose your point or stray from the real issue by throwing personal "rocks" at an opponent. Your argument automatically loses its validity when you do and you eventually end up being the LOSER in the final analysis.
  • Do someone a favor because YOU WANT TO and not because you think you can use it as a strategic advantage in the future.
  • When in the middle of a crisis, you ALWAYS discover who your real friends are. Also, expect the unexpected. Some friends will even go an extra mile or two for you.
  • Lastly, the biggest lesson that I've learned is : I AM STRONGER THAN I THINK I AM.
And on that note, I would just like to say --- PLEASE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL BECAUSE I BELIEVE WE TRULY DESERVE IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. HUG :)

    That's the spirit.

    Add the age-old cliche too...
    What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER. :)

    ReplyDelete