Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sick! =(

I was on pins and needles the whole day today. Anissa was sent home from school yesterday due to a fever. This hardly happens. In fact, she hardly gets sick. What alarmed me was the fact that she didn't even have a cold or a cough. The very first thing that came to mind was Dengue. I spent last night and the entire day today monitoring her condition. Gave her Paracetamol every 4 hours and lots of fluid but the fever didn't go away.

Decided not to waste any more time and took her to Healthway in Shang Mall late this afternoon for a check up. The pedia said her suspicion was Pharyngitis but that Dengue needs to be ruled out so they had to draw blood. When I told Anissa what they were planning to do, she kinda panicked and started to cry. She probably felt extra sensitive because of the high fever. But I assured her it would be a piece of cake. After all, she was never really scared of getting shots even as a toddler.

But when it was crunch time she really pulled through and I felt so proud of her! I suggested that she look away and not watch the nurse so that I can distract her but she insisted that she wanted to see what the nurse was doing. That's exactly what she did...


When her blood started to come out, she yelled EEEWWWWW An hour later, we got the results of the CBC and thank GOD it's not Dengue! She has Acute Respiratory Tract Infection. I'm thankful that it's not the former but it doesn't make me less worried at all. Bottomline is, my child is sick and that's enough to make me feel uncomfortable. Hopefully, the anti-biotics prescribed by the pedia will improve her condition very, very soon. I feel really sorry for her because she needs to be in isolation at home (but enjoys the fact that she can be in an airconditioned room the whole day) and misses playing with Sabine.

GET WELL SOON, Ate!


No comments:

Post a Comment