Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Saints Day



Our first All Saints Day since Daddy passed away. This time, we're focused on him and not on our other dearly departed ones. Nothing personal, of course. It'll probably be this way for a while. There are no tears, just that nagging sad feeling in our hearts because we really miss him. 


Yes, his ashes are still with us ... with Mama. The crypt is waiting, but Mama needs time. 


My girls miss him all the time, especially on weekends. I don't know how they'll feel during the holidays. I know I'm not really looking forward to it. 


As always and in honor of him who loved to eat and cook, we had this spread for lunch!
Chopsuey, Kare Kare, Pork Binagoongan and Roast Chicken (for the kids). For merienda, we had Sausages and Potato Salad. Wow, sino'ng may birthday? :) 

Every All Saints Day will probably be spent this way from now on. Just us. 
With Daddy just hanging around somewhere near, for sure. 

I still keep waiting to hear his voice whenever the family is all together. I can hear it in my head sometimes. The jokes, the mean wisecracks, the cuss words, the loving way he spoke to my kids. 

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen.

I miss you big time, Daddy.

P.S.
Yup, I had all the food you see here and more! 2 small bowls of rice, too.
Now is that a chemotherapy side effect or what?! :))


No comments:

Post a Comment