Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm Back!!!



Oh my God, I can't tell you how good it feels to be back in circulation again! I've attempted a few times to check on my Twitter and FB accounts and my blog but the drugs have really kept me from doing much. I loved being drugged right after the surgery because I couldn't feel any pain and was asleep most of the time. But when my mind began to work again, it felt awful that the rest of my body refused to cooperate and was still "high". I hated it so much!

Today, 3 days since the mastectomy and the reconstructive surgery, is the first time I woke up feeling closest to normal. Very minimal dizziness and much of my appetite has returned. I had a tuna omelette for breakfast, a Krispy Kreme honey glazed donut for dessert (bad move, it gave me an itchy throat and I had to cough gahhhh!), daing na bangus and egg for lunch and my first cup of Starbucks brewed coffee since I entered the hospital Tuesday night. The only thing that's not back to normal are my movements. I can't move properly just yet because my wounds have not healed of course. I'm asked to walk when I can, which I do (to the bathroom and back hehehe), but to not stand up straight to avoid stretching my skin too much. 

All in all, it's been really really good and although the pathology report post-surgery still confirmed the breast cancer (it only means this is really God's will for me), the good news is ...

DRUMROLL PLEASE !!!

Despite the 4 centimeter tumor that the surgeon excised from my left breast, all my lymph nodes came out negative for cancer! The cancer stayed put and didn't move! That means there's been no metastasis at all and therefore, I won't need radiation! In fact, from the initial stage 2B, they've now brought the stage down to 2A. That was really music to my ears!!! Most especially the part where the surgeon told me my nodes were all negative, still clean. I look at this as a miracle, an answered prayer. She says I'm really, really lucky that the cancer was so "behaved". 

It gives me added hope and now I can't wait to find out what the Oncologist has to say about chemo treatments and everything that has to do with preventive maintenance. 

But first things first, I'm itching to go home to complete my recovery process!!!

I'm so makulit but I have to be. To all those who have included me in their daily prayers, 
THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

This photo was taken today, 3 days post surgery. And yes, I had to do my kilays hahaha!
As you can see, there is power in numbers. I received good news from my surgeon because your prayers were all heard. 

1 comment: