Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's Exam Week!


You'd think that with a 16-year old high school junior, I'd be used to this by now right? Wrong. When Anissa was growing up, I was not a stay-at-home Mom. I was working full time and had very stressful and highly-demanding corporate jobs. By the time Anissa was in 4th or 5th grade, I had to hire a tutor. My patience is really short by nature. Can you just imagine what it would be like for her, if I were to sit down with her at the end of each tiring work day? I didn't want to put her through that (and maybe I also thought of myself back then). 

With Sabine though, it's a totally different picture. I don't work and I have all the time in the world to spare. My patience level is pretty much the same haha! But I can't imagine paying for a tutor when I'm so available to do it myself. Let's talk again when she hits 5th grade, okay?

I was supposed to have breast surgery this week but I bargained with my surgeon to give me more time so I could guide Sabine through this experience. She's still adjusting to her new academic surroundings plus the demands of it all. Having spent 2 years in pre-school (aka play school), she sometimes still doesn't understand what quizzes and long tests are.

Can you believe these are her pointers for review?


When she presented this to me last Friday, I literally shoved it aside because I didn't want to deal with it just yet LOL!!! I looked at it again today and surveyed the whole page. Wow, and she's only a first grader. Looks like Mommy will have lots to do starting tonight! 

What strategies do you use when helping your kids study?
Do you also make and print out reviewers like I do? 

Share your thoughts and I hope everyone is enjoying the last few hours of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment