Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013, I have faith in you!


Where was I when 2013 finally arrived? I was alone, for the first time in my entire life, on New Year's Eve, in a hotel room, swimming in cold sheets and relishing the quiet time. I made the choice to spend NY's Eve where I did because our family usually goes to Malate to welcome the NY with N's relatives on his Mom's side. I wanted to stay away from all the smoke and dust and what have you, which this area/neighborhood is quite popular for. Being "sick" and all, (plus finding a bunch of unused and still valid gift cheques for overnight stays in Daddy's stuff yay!!!) I thought it best to be holed up somewhere safe and clean. I thought it was going to be bad, being by myself and all, while everyone revelled in their respective NY's Eve parties. But hey, I didn't feel so sorry for myself! Except for that brief moment when I could hear people shouting, 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 ... HAPPY NEWWWWWWWW YEARRRRRRR!!! I suddenly started to think about my Dad again. I greeted him out loud and told him how much I was missing him. I cried for my usual 15 minutes and that was it. 

I promised myself I would start the year off with a prayer, which I did. The minute I heard everyone around scream Happy New Year, I turned the TV and my laptop off, put my phone on silent mode and began to talk to God. I don't remember ever welcoming a brand new year this way. I'm always at a party with so many people around, a lot of noise and merry-making. But this time I took advantage of the silence and the fact that I was all alone. The scene was just perfect and there was no doubt in my mind that this was the right way to say hello to 2013. 

My Mom texted me this message before midnight, so this was basically my prayer for myself and for everyone I could think of ... 

May God be .. 
Above us - for blessings
Below us - for support
Before us - for guidance
Behind us - for protection
Beside us - for comfort and 
Inside us - for sustenance

May we all experience these and the fullness of His blessings today and always.

If you ask me what my plans are for 2013, I have a lot on my mind. They're not plans, they're more like wishes. But first things first ... I want to get chemotherapy out of the way. I want to see Anissa go to prom and Sabine celebrate her 7th birthday. All those are going to happen in the first quarter. After that is most likely when I'll sit down to figure out what to do this year. 

Lastly, here is a New year quote that I can truly relate to

Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. - Brooks Atkinson

Happy New Year again to all. From the bottom of my heart, I hope we're all blessed with God's abundant grace in 2013. It's all we need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment