Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Year-End Thoughts (Part 2)


It's officially 2013 so maybe this entry should be entitled differently? 

Bagong Taon, Bagong Buhay (New Year, New Life). Haven't we all heard that line many times?

The new year is significant to many of us because it gives us a fresh start. The objective is to look back on the year that was and say goodbye to all things old : attitude, outlook, anything that you don't want to carry over into the new year. 

Unfortunately, the one thing I want so much to talk about in the past tense, is something I still have to carry with me into 2013. But I'm glad that I can personally give it an ultimatum. I only have 3 more chemotherapy sessions to go. Barring any hitches (praying!), I'll be done with them by March. That means I can do the happy dance when the 2nd quarter of 2013 begins. Not a bad deal!

It's one hour into 2013 and I can't believe how quickly time has flown. 

As promised to myself, I welcomed the new year by tuning out and spending the first few minutes of it in prayer. Despite all the difficulties encountered in the past year, I still have tons to be thankful for. I also have so much to hope for this year, with many reasons to believe that after everything I've gone through, I have nowhere else to go but up. 

We all get to start with clean slates and that's the most awesome thing about the new year, if you ask me. I hope to God I get to keep all of the promises I made to myself. 

As we all get back into the normal groove of things after all the parties and celebrations, may we all look at our clean slates and think about how we want to live our lives anew, keeping in mind that God watches over us always. 

THANK YOU, LORD GOD, for this chance to make things right. 
You are indeed merciful and loving and I thank You from the bottom of my heart!

2013 ... show me what you've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment