Monday, June 9, 2008

Back to school

Tomorrow's Anissa's first day of school as a 6th grader. One more year to go and she'll be in High School! But I'm getting ahead of myself (and this post). I'll be EMO about that fact next year hehehe!

Yes, it's back to school for my EMO girl. She's pretending not to want to go back but I know she's excited to be with all of her friends again (not to mention the fact that she has a new hairstyle to show off). I'm not exactly looking forward to it though. If you ask me, I would rather deal with her "kakulitan" during the summer months. We tend to argue a lot about school work : her lack of enthusiasm, the fact that she's a lot more interested in extra-curricular activities than in academics, the time she (over)spends with friends...etc, etc, etc.

Besides that, it seriously feels like I'm back in school myself...having to learn everything over again (nagtataka pa ako kung kanino nagmana ang anak ko? hahaha!). I'm sure other Moms can relate to this feeling. Tutoring our kids really feels like being a student again, minus the allowance!

I've long given up on teaching her anythign that involves numbers. I don't like numbers and numbers don't like me. It's been a mutual thing for as long as I can remember. I am so GLAD that Neal is good at things I am normally so useless at. He takes care of the Math stuff *wink*.

I will have to turn in earlier than usual tonight, although I don't have work tomorrow, because starting this year Anissa will be riding the school bus only in the afternoons. I've decided I want to take her to school every morning for that much-needed extra bonding time. In maybe a year or so when she becomes a teenager, I will surely regret not having spent more time with her because she'll be busy running off with friends and choosing them over me. So I'm grabbing the opportunity, because she also welcomes the idea of Mommy bringing her to school everyday. I should really treasure these moments while they last!

What about the other Mommies out there ---
are you ready for the new school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment