Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oil oil go away!


Okay this is an old problem I'm going to talk about. It's something I have desperately tried to find a solution for and sadly, I am still clueless to this day about what to do. I used to have combination skin but as I got older, I noticed how more oily my skin has become. It's really a hassle, especially if you like having your pictures taken a lot hahaha! My main problem areas are my T-zone and my eyelids. All it takes is a little heat and voila...my face looks like a frying pan! Pass the eggs please!

I've tried so many products to help resolve this problem to no avail. Name it, I've probably tried it --- well, maybe not the super expensive brands because I'm really not a skincare junkie and I would feel terribly depressed if I had to spend so much on anything skincare related. But none of them have given me the kind of results I'm looking for. There are a couple of them who were able to satisfy me, although the feeling was shortlived because all they did was to just delay the appearance of oily skin. Eventually, my skin turned oily pa rin. That's why Clean and Clear became my bestfriend. I had finally given up on the search for a product and settled for blotting paper instead. I can't leave home without it and I even have a couple of unopened packs in my dresser drawer because I'm afraid to run out of them.

I continue to wonder though if there is a "miracle" product out there...something I haven't heard of nor tried that might be the answer to my woes??? I don't know and I'm too lazy to look for it. Will primer do the trick? If so...which brand does the job?

They say ignorance is bliss. In this case though, I think not. Help!

2 comments:

  1. Oil blotters're my BFFs too! I shall buzz you should I find the HG skin care for our skin type! ;)

    Looking at the lighter side though, our oilies help combat skin tightening that leads to wrinkles. That's how I manage to get away as a 16 year old on some days I guess :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phoebs...it's frustrating really. I'm the most tamad person when it comes to skincare so the fact that I've had to start using moisturizer and toner is already such a burden for me (bad bad bad, I know). And now the oil problem pa.

    I'm gonna try EMU oil, which I didn't even know existed until today, thanks to Nikki.

    Let me know if you have other recos!

    ReplyDelete