Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2nd day of school --- Day 2 as a zombie


Over the past 2 months, I have gotten so used to sleeping late --- very late --- especially on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, because that means no work the next day. I totally forgot that my life was about to change. I should've started sleeping early 2 weeks before school opened. If I had done that, I wouldn't be feeling like a zombie as I type.

Been waking up early for 2 days straight now and although yesterday was a non-working day for me, today was not. I woke up extra early because I needed to be dressed for work when we leave the house. I set my alarm at 5:15 am (holy cow! I haven't been up that early since God knows when!), took a shower, blow-dried my hair, did my make up and got ready for a very long day. Anissa and I left the house on schedule at 6:20 and we got to her school at 5 minutes to 7 but guess what --- the traffic was just as horrible as yesterday's. Going there wasn't bad. It was final climb to the school gate that I really hated.

After dropping her off, I quickly chose between EDSA and C5 as my route to Makati. Okay, C5 today! So there I was exiting the Valle Verde area to get to C5 and I thought to myself, hmmm, not bad. I was happily cruising along when up ahead I saw it --- another monstrous traffic jam approaching the flyover, then I suddenly switched from "cruise" to "crawl". And I did just that until I crossed the Kalayaan intersection. Turns out the small stretch of C5 after Kalayaan was under construction. From about 5 or 6 lanes, there were only 3. That explained it. I got to the office before 8:30, which is the same time I would have arrived if I had come from the house and left at quarter to 8.

At lunchtime, I was dizzy...as in DIZZY SLEEPY. My Krispy Kreme Smooth Coffee didn't help at all. I had to drag myself to the car and drove all the way to Paranaque to my meeting at the Duty Free complex near the airport. I'm glad I didn't fall asleep at that meeting. That would've been the end of my Marketing career! I even went to the extent of buying a drink from Quickly
so I would have something to do while driving (and I honestly hoped I would get brain freeze to keep me awake the entire time).

I can't believe it's only 9pm and my bed is calling out to me. The sheets are cold, the lights are dim. I don't even care about the movie DH downloaded, the one we've been so eager to watch after seeing it being featured on Oprah. I'll probably do that tomorrow...that's if, I don't spend the entire day sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment