Wednesday, June 18, 2008

PAL Express


I think my prayers have been answered! One of the biggest ironies in my life is this : I love to travel but hate to fly. I know that sounds strange but I can name a few other people who probably feel the same way. I've always been terrified of turbulence and air pockets. As a child, my Dad would always check on me everytime the plane bounced around and he would always find me crouched in my seat, pale and almost teary-eyed. It doesn't matter where I'm going or what type of aircraft I'm in. But the smaller ones are really killers! I rode Asian Spirit from Caticlan once and I swore I would never do it again. The small plane bounced from Caticlan all the way to Manila and I think I would've suffered a nervous breakdown if I had to go through it alone.

But DH refuses to take PAL going to Boracay. Sayang daw the time spent on the road from Kalibo to Caticlan. He has a point. But I'd rather waste all that time in the bus than be tortured inside a small plane. We've argued endlessly about which airline to take on our past trips and he always won (he pays, that's why). I've always wished that PAL would buy smaller airplanes so it can finally fly to Caticlan instead of just Kalibo.

FINALLY!!! PAL Express is the answer to my prayers! They now have a new fleet of aircraft, small enough to land on Caticlan's airstrip and I heard the planes are new. I know, I know...small aircraft pa rin. But my confidence level in PAL's pilots has always been high up there. They're really the best, if you ask me.

Can't wait to try them out on my next trip to Bora (which is supposed to be sometime in December...if my DF stays true to his word to treat us hahaha!). Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment