Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Typhoon Frank was a huge threat that day...no electricity, heavy rains and nasty winds, flooding everywhere! Who would have imagined that this airport-themed party would be this successful against all these odds???

My friend, Jin must have literally stormed the gates of heaven praying for the weather to cooperate. Who wouldn't? It was her Fonzie's Christening Day and 1st Birthday Party. I know for a fact from talking to Jin that so much was done to prepare for this big day. She and sister, Marnie are known to be gifted with the talent for organizing and cooking up special themed gatherings so I knew for sure this party would be another great showcase of their talent!


Personalized Boarding Pass Invites --- cool huh?


Passports for the kids, which they presented at the "Immigration Area"
and contained all the stubs for their freebies


Airplane-shaped cookie pops


Yummy cupcakes (I'm guessing the goodies were made by Kitchen Krafts)


Thanks to my pasmado hands, this picture turned out to be a flop
But I'm sure you can still tell that the cake had lots of
little details that made it so nice to look at

Sabine really loved this plane which hung like a chandelier from the ceiling


That's the handsome little celebrant looking dapper in his pilot get-up

Venue was decorated generously in primary colors


Happy happy Mommies who enjoyed pigging out
on all the great food--- Brenda and myself


My girls had fun!


Carrie came with her Mr Big hehehe


Other tablemates : Baghags Rica, Dennis and Brenda
(look at all those candy wrappers and the guilty smiles LOL)

All in all, I have to say this was one of the best and most well-thought of parties I've ever been invited to and attended. I can't believe the kind of work that was put into preparing it. Only a super devoted and uber talented Mom like Jin can pull this off.

Congratulations, Jin, on a job well done. You showed Typhoon Frank a thing or two about perseverance, faith and positivity! I could never have done something like this myself!

Post script : I feel bad for not being able to take pics of all that delicious food. I totally forgot to because I was too busy trying everything out!

No comments:

Post a Comment