Thursday, June 26, 2008

Better late than never

I was off from work today so I had a long overdue lunch with Marla, my first cousin on my Mom's side of the family. We decided to meet at Angel's Kitchen along Connecticut St. in Greenhills. It was my first time (yes, after reading about it so often)
and her 2nd visit after years. The place is conveniently situated nextdoor to Konbini Store where the very popular and expensive Royce Chocolates are now sold.

Surprisingly, the place was packed! Marla arrived a few minutes ahead of me and when I finally got there, we had to wait another good 10 minutes before a table was made ready for us. We sat down and ordered almost immediately and in no time, our food arrived...


Mandarin Chicken for me


Lamb Curry for Marla


On the house : Crostinis and Liver Pate

In between bites of our delicious orders (we both got signature dishes), we talked about our lives, our kids, motherhood, SHOES (yes, the fetish runs in our family!), shopping, bags and everything else we could pack into such a brief encounter!



The term "long overdue" takes on a much deeper meaning in this case. There is an interesting story to this...a very long and interesting one. No one would believe how "telenovela-ish" it is. But as the age old saying goes...all's well that ends well.

I wish we had more time but I had FUN!
'Til our next lunch, Marla!
(Oh and I think you should really buy another pair of TB flip flops
so they can stop haunting you hahaha!)

1 comment:

  1. arrgh... still havent tried this place....

    ReplyDelete