Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tory Burch - not an exception

I knew it was just a matter of time before this happens. After having lunch with my cousin, Marla last Thursday, I had to go to Greenhills to pay for DH's Globe cellphone bill. I had a bit of time to kill so I decided to scoot over to the tiangge to take a quick look (so true to form hahaha!). Walking around, I saw something that really caught me eye. Tory Burch ballet flats in all colors lined up on a metal shoe rack! And I remember thinking to myself...uh oh, I knew it. This particular stall (I didn't see any other stall carrying these replicas even after I did a couple more rounds) had the Reva Ballet Flats in both matte and patent leather plus the Thora Patent Thong Sandals. They even had the ballet flats in kids' sizes. I was a bit embarassed to take photos, especially after I grilled the salesperson about the prices and where on earth the shoes came from --- funny but she claimed they were overruns, which is now THE way to defend an item's replica status hehehe. The shoes have made their way to Ebay.ph so I suggest you do a Tory Burch search there to see what they look like.

After that episode, the first thing I did was to go to the TB website and look at her shoes closely to see how different they are from the ones I just saw in GH. Major major discrepancies of course! Anyway...I diverted my attention to her bags. Maybe I should get one of these while it's early...


Ella Tote, $175

Canvas Lux T-Tote with Applique, $295


Reversible Aggie Belt, $175
(I'm not really a belt person but I like the colors on this one)

More from Tory Burch here

2 comments:

  1. I actually know the owner of this shop (Lucky sisters) Her flats are nice(love d wedge too..) but they're not overruns,,,shoes are repro(copy). Her sales person are just ignorant,they're not familiar with it, although some of her goods are really overruns like the crocs etc.. For all those who can't afford to buy the real thing, this is the closest u can get. Why not?? Why spend 195$ for a pair wen u can get it at 1500!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually bought a few times from them and my cousins who regularly visit from the States love their Lacoste and RL shirts. Good quality and material.

    ReplyDelete