Friday, June 6, 2008

Sex and the City --- the movie


I don't care if other people have written a million other reviews about this. Having been a huge fan of the TV series, I was truly excited when I first heard that a movie was being made. I wondered though how they could do it. After all, there were many different angles, although most of the time things were focused on Carrie. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed at all. The way it was put together and written --- excellent! It was like a long overdue season-ender!





A friend warned me about certain scenes that made people cry and I thought to myself, uh oh! It was really dumb of me not to bring a pack of tissues, knowing fully well what a cry baby I am. I don't remember how many times I felt choked up and there were instances when the tears actually fell. But it was really funny how the sad scenes immediately reverted me to laughter (i.e., the one where Carrie hit Big several times with her bouquet and Charlotte warning Big not to come close with a dagger look I had never seen before and then walking to the other side of the limo in super funny baby steps because her gown was tight at the hem hahaha!).





If there was ONE thing I hated about the movie? It was all those terrible cuts. Not only were they done hastily, it made you think --- what did they have to edit out? But that's about it. Everything else about the movie was pure bliss...the CLOSET, the girly bonding moments (these were so touching, I could truly relate), the impromptu Mexico vacation which showed just how solid their friendship is, not to mention all those designer clothes and shoes! I was in awe from start to finish!





Now I'm busy looking for the uncut version. I'm hoping I can find it so I can settle down in my La-Z Boy at home and watch the movie over and over and over again.





This is something I want both my girls to watch when they're old enough to do so. Come to think of it...maybe I should watch the entire series again, for old time's sake.

2 comments:

  1. Patty! I so agree on the writing and directing! It was perfect! I didn't realize it was long kasi the story was so polished! I salute Michael Patrick King! He did an awesome job!!

    The editing was really bad.. It seemed like the cutting was 'pilit' I'm also scouting for the uncut version! Will let you know if I find one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! And I'll give you a heads up once I find the full version too. =)

    ReplyDelete