Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Early morning scenes in an elevator

I get off on the 15th floor. So everytime I'm in the office and I arrive before 830am, I'm always sure to get into a jampacked elevator. It's interesting to listen to people's conversations while waiting for your turn to get off. But this morning was an exception. I was already feeling a bit tired from the long drive (I now bring Anissa to school everyday and I had to deal with the traffic along C5 to get to Makati) and not in the mood for obnoxiousness so early in the day.

First scene, two girls talking --- take note: not in hushed tones. It was as if they were the only ones around and no one else could hear them.

Girl A : Kumusta long weekend mo? Natuloy ba "plans" mo? (She was trying to be discreet, I could tell).

Girl B : Alin yung kili kili bleaching ko? Hahahah! Oo naman, sabi ko sayo itutuloy ko talaga yon eh. (At this point I already wanted to pour my hot cup of Krispy Kreme coffee on her head to hopefully remind her that the rest of us maybe didn't want to hear her story)

Girl A : Oo nga grabe ka talaga, sineryoso mo ha.

Girl B : Ikaw ba naman sabihan ng "boypren" mo na..."Lab, parang ang itim na ng kili kili mo ah. Wala pa naman tayong anak, bakit nagkaganyan?" Di mo ba kakareerin ang pagpapaputi ng kili kili? O ngayon kahit titigan pa nya kili kili ko di na sya maiinis.

(This was just a portion of the conversation....it didn't stop there because even when I stepped off, they were still in the lift. I felt sorry for the others who got left behind with them)

Second scene, a guy in one corner listening to his iPod. At some point during the ride, he began to tap his shoes on the floor, I assume to the beat of whatever song he was listening to. Irritating enough right? You think he was content doing that? Less than a minute later, he began to tap his fingers on the metal railing beside him. So now, both foot and fingers tapping intermittently to the beat. He was totally oblivious to the angry stares people were giving him. It was raining "Tsks" inside the lift but of course he couldn't hear a thing! I couldn't help it. I stared at him and shook my head as I got off. And what did he do? He nodded at me and smiled. WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I remember their faces so well. Next time an elevator door opens and they're in it, I'm definitely waiting for the next car.

Now let me savor my KK donut and coffee in peace so I can move on with my loooong day!

No comments:

Post a Comment