Saturday, June 21, 2008

Congratulations, Anissa!


My big girl is now a varsity cheerleader!


The tryouts were last Thursday and she only practiced for one day because the announcement was made at the last minute (this is so typical of her school). Her confidence level was so low because she felt that more time was needed to perfect her group's number. She proudly told me that she choreographed most of the steps herself (she refused to demonstrate the number to me though). But on the day of the tryouts when I picked her up from school, the first thing she said to me was, "Hi, Mom...I messed up. I was nervous so I forgot my own steps for a while". I told her it was okay and that it happens. Heck, I don't know how many times it happened to me when auditioning for slots in the Dance Club in school and I know how nerve-wracking it can get. She wasn't convinced though and truly felt she wasn't going to make the cut.


Friday (yesterday) was when she was supposed to find out if she made it or not. I called her from my cellphone on my way home from work and asked her what happened.

I MADE IT MOM!

Way to go, my EMO girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment