Monday, May 7, 2012

Latest Buy : Iconique Robe



It's so interesting to see how fashion evolves. How certain pieces that you would once normally wear only to certain occasions, have transformed into more basic types. Weren't white v-neck shirts treated as mere "undershirts" for men years ago? And what about flip-flops? Father Goose still doesn't understand to this day, why they've become acceptable footwear outside of the house. Chiffon robes were strictly for the bedroom only, but I admit to never owning one. 

I first wanted to order a pair of Iconique's wide-leg pants but a random trip to Forever 21 with Anissa resulted in this, among others. Then I thought of getting a jumpsuit. But that thought didn't last very long. 

A few days ago, I was checking on Multiply and Facebook sellers (wala lang, that's what I do when I have free time) and I found this 


Days later, it was hanging in my closet 


The photo doesn't do it enough justice. I'm in love with the print. I'm in love with the fact that it's one of the most flexible pieces of clothing a woman can have. I have actually mapped out a plan in my mind about how and when to wear it. 

I wore it for the first time to church and Sunday dinner yesterday


I had gotten home when I realized that I failed to get a full shot of myself wearing it. I was too lazy to ask somebody to do it for me so here's that pathetic photo hahaha. I wore it with a loose tank top from Zara and dark washed skinny jeans from Forever21, plus my trusty BCBG tan leather thong slides. I added the gold chain necklace from Forever 21 as an accent. 

I actually have another similar piece but shorter, more like a jacket, from another online seller. I've worn it so many times with different pieces, from casual to corporate to slightly dressy. That's why I know I can get a lot of mileage out of this one from Iconique. 

But wait, that's not the best part. This robe was on sale at half off as a Labor Day promo. 
From P1,200, the price was down to P600. Weeeeeeee!!!

I'm definitely looking forward to getting my next one.

Iconique's websites : 
https://www.facebook.com/abethque
http://www.iconiqueonline.multiply.com

No comments:

Post a Comment