Friday, February 8, 2013

Bistro Mateo in Tiendesitas



The last time I dined in this area, Mario's Kitchen was still here. It's been replaced by Bistro Mateo, which serves typically the same type of food as Mario's. 

After a really long morning in school with co-Junior parents from the PHCT (Parent-Homeroom Collaboration Team), some of us had an early lunch and mini chika session here. 

I initially wanted to try their Lucban Longganisa meal, especially after the server confirmed that their longganisa is made without preservatives. But the Salpicao was a bit of a distraction while going through the menu. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself!

The drink ... need I say more? This is a no-brainer every time I'm in a Filipino-themed resto. It was just a little too sweet for me, so I added a bit of water to it. Other than that, two thumbs up!


I'm also very much a soup person. If a restaurant serves good soup, you can be sure I'll go back for it. I tried their Clam Chowder but I shared this with my PPIC (Parent Partner In Crime) because I still had my main course to take care of. 


Both the soup and the bread didn't disappoint! When I was done with the soup, I had to stop myself from asking for butter so I could finish the entire bread bowl.

Now going back to the Salpicao ... 


Will you look at all that rice? I got dizzy the minute the server put the dish in front of me. I'm not a big rice eater but I can finish ulam like there's no tomorrow. I ate only the rice that had sauce hihihi. I recommend this dish, too. Beef was tender and rice was cooked to my standards. 

You would think that I said NO when I was offered dessert. Right? Wrong.


Anything Sansrival deserves a YES. This is their Toffee Sansrival. But again, I shared this with someone (just so you won't see pig every time you think of me). One word - HEAVEN.

You'll notice that I didn't share the prices of my orders. That's 'cause this lunch was a treat! (thanks to our wonderful sponsor, you know who you are)

This is one place that serves good comfort food. I would go back if I were in that neck of the woods.

BISTRO MATEO is in Tiendesitas, fronting the SM Hypermarket Pasig side.

No comments:

Post a Comment