Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Prom Update : The Shoes



We finally got started on the hunt for the ultimate prom shoes! I didn't want to do this until Anissa got to fit her dress, which she did last Saturday morning. 

So Monday evening, after school and training, we all trooped to SM Megamall, the most practical choice considering the options available. 

Anissa and I agreed on one thing : the priority was FLATS but she was willing to consider a heeled pair if they were not too high. Not a bad deal. We checked every single brand inside the SM Department Store and even a couple of stores in the mall itself. About an hour and extremely tired Mommy feet later, she finally decided on this pair


They're from local brand, Janilyn. I sincerely hope these shoes don't fail her on Prom Night. As a precaution, I'll be rubbing certain areas with candle wax so the shoes don't "kill" her on Saturday. 

I'm so happy we were able to reach a compromise. I've always believed that only kids, pregnant women and senior citizens can wear flats to formal events. But my 16-year old isn't a fan of heels unlike her friends and other girls her age. 

My Cinderelly has found her glass slippers so we can rest the entire week yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment