Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Year of the Snake


My Dad is was probably the only person in my family who believed in celebrating the Chinese New Year. He had a lot of Chinese friends in his network --- a lot! That's really where the influence came from. He also believed in ushering in the new year with all sorts of good luck charms and things like that. His condo was filled (still is) with Chinese-inspired decor. 

I, on the other hand, am not a staunch believer. It's really a personal thing, and I respect the many Chinese friends I also have. But if you ask me, I only need a strong spiritual foundation to get me through life. It's not always easy, especially after everything that happened last year. But you trip, you fall, you get up and you learn. So far, so good. 

I believe that it doesn't matter if you're a rooster, dog, rat or monkey (that's me). If you're armed with a strong faith, kindness to others and a heart that always wants to give without expecting anything in return, you can always be as successful and as happy as you want! 

To all my Chinese friends ... 
may the Year of the Snake bring you whatever it is your hearts are asking for ... and more!

P.S.
If Dad were here, we'd probably be eating like pigs tonight (what's new?) at Choi Palace. Dimsum all we can and Roast Duck! Aahhhhhhh I miss him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment