Sunday, July 6, 2008

House arrest

It's 3:40 in the morning, what am I doing up? We just got back from taking Sabine to the ER. Nothing serious. Just that she's had a stubborn cold for the past week and today developed a fever. Around 2am she felt hotter than usual so I took her temperature. It was 39.2. After a quick tepid spongebath and a dose of Paracetamol, we brought her to Cardinal Santos, as our Pedia instructed me earlier during the day. Remember...she suffered a convulsion last December due to high fever so the chances of that happening again are high. We can't take any chances.

No worries...the fever is really just due to the cold. We just needed to make sure it was nothing else. After waiting so long for the first Lasalle-Ateneo game, I would have to content myself with watching it in the comforts of our home. I told DH he can go ahead and still watch in Araneta because I can take care of monitoring Sabine's fever at home. Besides, I know how excited he is about the game later and is bringing my stepkids along. Kawawa naman if they have to miss watching the game, too.

My neighbors will have to forgive me. It will surely be a very noisy afternoon starting at 4pm hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment