Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lunch Date with Pia M.

The plan was simple
Pia and I really just wanted to catch up on each other's lives and EAT
We had talked about this place before because her whole family had eaten there one Sunday
And strangely, although the place is a stone's throw away from where I live,
I had never even been there


Cookbook Kitchen in San Juan
--- feels like home because it literally is
the extension of the owner's house


Quite spacious inside


For starters : Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette P110


Pasta Aglio e Olio
P180


THE KILLER! Parmesan Crusted White Fish P250
I have never tasted anything so good. This beats any other fish dish I've had and how can you complain about the price??? Good for sharing too so it's really affordable! I can still taste it!


For dessert? Peaches and Cream Overload (literally) P120



My tummy and I had a great time
I can't believe we were able to talk about a million things in between all those bites
The place was closed at 2pm but they were kind enough to allow us to hang out until past 3
HAHAHAHA...time does fly when you're having so much fun

Gotta do this again soon!


COOKBOOK KITCHEN is located at 8 Socorro Fernandez St. Mandaluyong City. Telephone numbers 7243595 and 3815935. Click HERE to see more photos of the good food they serve.

3 comments:

  1. I love it here! I keep coming back for the fish dishes! I thought is was in the Mandaluyong boundary na.. Hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah actually you have a point...kasi when you go out on Shaw coming from there, that's Mandaluyong na. But technically I think they're still within San Juan. Sarap talaga I want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, nice dishes they have here

    ReplyDelete