Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oil oil go away (part 2)

In my search for the solution to my oily skin, I got recommendations left and right from well-meaning friends. Most of them posted replies to my previous entry. After much consideration, I was bent on buying Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer from Beauty Bar. At P1,900 a pop, I was quite hesitant at first because I've never been the type to spend too much on skincare or cosmetics. But I was told how well this product works so I was 99% convinced that this was what I wanted to try.

Until I came across an Asian girl's blog entry, comparing Smashbox Photo Finish to Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. My first reaction was ... does she know what she's talking about??? Isn't Monistat for the you-know-what? As far as I knew, the latter is known as a cure for yeast infection. So I got curious and read the rest of this girl's entry. Apparently, the anti-chafing gel is not the same product used to cure the problem that occurs "down under". And she claims that Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel is a really great drugstore dupe of the more expensive Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I asked around and ended up receiving a sample of Monistat in a jar from a very thoughtful friend (you know who you are!) who said I should try it first before I order the tube. She told me that it didn't exactly get rid of her problem but she could really see the difference in her skin.

I tried using it the same day I got it! I don't know if you can see it but look at these photos and I'm sure you can tell the difference.


Without Monistat or any primer...just my usual mineral foundation and blush.
This photo was taken about 2 1/2 hours after I left home.


I used the same mineral foundation and blush but this time I applied Monistat as a primer
Notice the glow minus the frying pan look? PLUS...this photo was taken just as we were going home, after being out of the house for more than 4 hours --- no touch ups, no blotting!



I'm still convinced that Smashbox is the better product between the two. But how can you not consider the huge savings??? A tube of Monistat costs about P500, that's a savings of P1,400! I still would like to buy Smashbox though, and maybe use it on special occasions but Monistat is definitely it for everyday use.

No comments:

Post a Comment