Saturday, July 26, 2008

Is it time to get a new camera?

I've been happy with our Canon Ixus 900Ti eversince we got it. 90% of the photos I post here in my site are taken by this (the rest are from my Nokia N82 cellphone).

Lately though, I've been playing around with the idea of getting a new camera. DH's younger sister recently came from the US toting a new camera which I am really really tempted to get.


It's the Sony Cybershot DSC H-10
I know it may be a downgrade from my current gadget (from 10mp to 8mp) but look at the difference in these photos that we took last night


Photo taken by SIL's cam


Photo from my cam

You can clearly see the discrepancy in the photo quality. The first photo has more color, the second one looks really pale, doesn't it? I'm not too sure though if I just had to re-adjust the settings to bring more life to my photo. I'm not a photography geek, just someone who loves to take photos of everything. I don't know the first thing about cameras and gadgets, that's DH's department. So now I'm thinking...should I not be upgrading instead?

Hmmm........

2 comments:

  1. if you decide to get a new camera - try purchasing from Hidalgo in Quiapo. there's a store there called Mayer. all the cameras are legit, brand new, have warranties, AND are AT LEAST 4k cheaper than the regular prices in malls. my husband got his SLR there and super sulit siya. you can text or call them first to check if they have the model you want at 09178960168

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! Guess what...my current camera was bought from Mayer! That was the first time we bought from them and we swore we'd keep getting our cameras from them na. They delivered pa to the house, COD arrangement. They're great!

    ReplyDelete