Monday, July 30, 2007

Skinny Flares

I've never liked flared jeans. First of all, I don't think I would look good in them. My legs are really thin and there's something about those wide hems that don't quite attract me. I have wide-legged trousers and those are fine, probably because of the material.

Skinny jeans are more my thing. Eversince this trend started, I've purchased quite a number for myself...from the unbranded/inexpensive, to local brands like Bayo, Lee and Jag to my pairs from Topshop (the Baxter skinnies are great...they just loosen up a bit after a few washes).

Fashion icon Kate Moss recently started wearing skinny flares and in fact, I think these are part of her collection for Topshop. I've been so intrigued about them. I'm actually half and half about buying a pair of these because of the flared ankles. Kate looks great in them though...


I like the ones on the left, mainly because they're more skinny than flared. The ones on the right are over the top for me.

Victoria Beckham's is a real glamorous take on the skinny flares. The wide belt did a lot to add that extra "oomph" to her outfit. But Paris Hilton's jeans are not for me...they're too "schoolgirl" for my taste.


The minute I have time I'm gonna run off to the nearest Topshop branch to see if skinny flares look good on me. Where to get the budget to buy them? Aaahhh...that is the million dollar question hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment